Dr. Nitin R Kochar - Evidence Based Ayurveda Consultant
Today educated people too have realized that Ayurveda is an important adjuvant treatment along with any other treatment. In fact, in order to avoid dependency on toxic medicine, people prefer to take modern medicine for short term and switch over to Ayurveda for long-term management of various chronic diseases like Arthritis, Rheumatism, Asthma, Allergy, Skin diseases, Cancer etc. For e.g. a diabetic patient & Hypertensive patient who are always prone to develop kidney disease, if they take painkillers, their chances of getting renal failure increases by many fold, similarly those who are not "so old (below 60-65 years) and are suffering from Arthritis & want to postpone knee replacement, for their pain management & for preventing further degeneration of joints & for preventing damages to eyes, kidney, liver, Ayurveda medicines by an expert would be the best option for them. Similarly, those who are diagnosed with cancer and are planned for surgery, chemo radiation etc., if they follow the dietary guideline of Ayurveda and certain valuable herbs like Curcumin, Ashwagandha, they will have more chances of having a good quality life & lesser chances of relapse & spread of the disease. Dr. Nitin R Kochar has been treating all these kinds of disease for last 25 years with practice-based evidence.
- B.A.M.S.( Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine & Surgery) From Smt. K.G.M.P. Ayurveda College & Hospital, University of Mumbai, 1990. First in the institution throughout all academic years.
- M.D.(Doctor of Medicine) (Kaychikitsa) From Smt. K.G.M.P. Ayurveda College & Hospital, University of Mumbai, 1995; Highest marks in the subject of Kayachikitsa( Medicine) in Mumbai University.
- Post Graduate Diploma In Yoga From University of Mumbai, 2006.
- November 1990 To October 1991 52 Weeks of Internship in Medicine, Surgery, E.N.T., Gynaec - Obstetric & Pediatrics O.P.D. & Hospital Affiliated To Smt. K.G.M.P. Ayurveda College & In Rural Area.
- October 1991 To March 1992 R.M.O At Sangam General Hospital.
- April 1992 To September 1992 R.M.O. At Dhanwantari Orthopaedic Hospital.
- October 1992 To August 1995 Residency At Smt. K.G.M.P Ayurveda Hospital in Medicine & Panchakarma Unit.
- February 1994 To July 1994 For Six Months Residency in Multispecialty Bhatia General Hospital.
- September 1995 To Till Date Evidence Based Ayurveda Consulting At Various Places in Mumbai
- From 2001 To Till Date Hon. Ayurveda Consultant at K.E.M. Hospital, Mumbai.
- From 2010 To Till Date Hon. Ayurveda Consultant at University of Mumbai
Affiliation & Membership
- Hon.Ayurveda Consultant in Department of Pharmacology at K.E.M.Hospital, Parel, Mumbai.
- Hon. Ayurveda Consultant at Health Centre, University of Mumbai, Kalina, Santacruz (East).
- Ex. Hon. Ayurveda Consultant at Godrej Hospital, Vikroli, Mumbai.
- Worked As Chief Ayurveda Investigator in a clinical trial, conducted at Tata Memorial Hospital & Research Centre Of Cancer, on Efficacy & Safety of Curcumin Formula & Ashwagandha in Osteosarcoma.
- Worked In The Ethics Committee of Sushrusha General Hospital, Mumbai For Clinical Trials On Ayurvedeya Formulations.
- Worked In Acworth Leprosy Hospital, Wadala, Mumbai, through their S.E.T. Program to eradicate Leprosy from Society.
- Ayurveda, Diet & Panchakarma Consulting at Goregaon & Malad west, Mumbai, Since 1995 .
- Active Member at National Integrated Medical Association (NIMA).
- Active Member of Institute of Ayurveda and Integrative Medicine.
- Active Member of Goregaon Medical Association.
Awards and Recognitions
- Sandu Dhanwantari Award in 2015.